Vice President Sara Duterte said former President Rodrigo Duterte was happy to see his four children during a recent visit in his detention facility in The Hague, The Netherlands.
"Masaya siya, (He’s happy)” Vice President Sara said of her father.
“He's been informed of it since Friday of last week…Meron kaming approved visit na kaming apat. So, masaya siya na nakakausap niya kami. (We were approved to visit, all four of us. So, he was happy to be able to talk to us,)" she added.
All four of them - Paolo, Sara, Sebastian, and Veronica - visited the former president at the International Criminal Court on Wednesday, August 27.
The vice president said their discussions were mostly personal or family matters and nothing about politics nor anything related to the 2028 national elections.
"Nothing about the future. No concrete plans about the future. Pero napag-uusapan lang kung ano ‘yung mga nangyayari ngayon at ano ‘yung posibleng mangyari bukas, sa susunod na taon in three years from now. So, ‘yun, ‘yung mga napag-usapan kanina (We discussed current and possible events in the future, what will happen three years from now. That’s all we talked about earlier),” the vice president noted.
Meanwhile, VP Sara did not get into the details of the upcoming confirmation of charges against former president Duterte happening on September 23.
Duterte’s lead counsel Atty. Nicholas Kaufmann recently stated, however, that they are already set and prepared for the proceedings.